Not sure why GA4 matters or what steps you need to take? The team at C-4 is ready to help. Here are answers to some of the most common questions we hear about GA4 vs. Universal Analytics and why the change matters for the auto industry:
How will GA4 impact the auto industry?
GA4 will change the way the auto industry understands consumer behavior, measures marketing success and builds audience profiles. Car dealers need to begin the transition to GA4 as soon as possible to ensure their data is protected and to avoid disruptions to year over year data comparisons. If deployed correctly, GA4 can lead to improved reporting, a better understanding of the buying journey, more targeted campaigns and better marketing ROI.
What are the key differences between GA4 and UA?
Some of the most important differences between UA and GA4 center on attribution modeling, engagement metrics and audience profiling. High-level examples of GA4 improvements include:
- Better Cross-Device Attribution Modeling: Automatically track users across all instances of your website to help you better understand their paths to conversion.
- More Accurate Engagement Measurements: More nuanced, accurate user engagement metrics designed to better detect when a user is actively looking at your website.
- More Robust Event Parameters: More custom parameters in user events can help you gain a better sense of a user’s holistic on-site experience.
- Better Tools for a Cookie-Less World: Technology and modeling capabilities will enable more accurate reporting in a cookie-free environment.
If you’ve set up your GA4 property, is it set up right?
It is easy enough to create a GA4 property, but it is important to ensure that it is set up properly. How confident are you that:
- Commercial intent-based events are created and marked as conversions
- All relevant traffic and bot IP addresses are added as filters
- Default data retention duration is updated
- Google Ads and Google Search Console are linked
- Conversions are imported into Google Ads
If your answer isn’t “completely confident,” let’s talk.
When should car dealerships switch to GA4?
If you haven’t switched to GA4, it is imperative that you do so as soon as possible. UA will stop collecting data in July 2023, leaving GA4 as the only reliable way to collect new data and ensure your marketing campaigns are running as efficiently as possible.
Don’t delay any further: Let C-4 Analytics set you up for success through a fast and painless GA4 migration today.
Time Is Running Out to Save Your Clean Data
If you haven’t started making the switch to GA4, you’re falling behind your competition. Talk to a GA4 expert at C-4 Analytics today to learn about the easy next steps we can take to protect your data and set you up for digital marketing success in the new era of analytics.