Not sure why GA4 matters or what steps you need to take? The team at C-4 is ready to help. Here are answers to some of the most common questions we hear about GA4 vs. Universal Analytics and why the change matters for the auto industry:
How will GA4 impact the auto industry?
GA4 will change the way the auto industry understands consumer behavior, measures marketing success and builds audience profiles. Car dealers need to begin the transition to GA4 as soon as possible to ensure their data is protected and to avoid disruptions to year over year data comparisons. If deployed correctly, GA4 can lead to improved reporting, a better understanding of the buying journey, more targeted campaigns and better marketing ROI.
What is the difference between Google Analytics 4 and Universal Analytics?
Some of the most important differences between UA and GA4 center on attribution modeling, engagement metrics and audience profiling. High-level examples of GA4 improvements include:
- Better Cross-Device Attribution Modeling: Automatically track users across all instances of your website to help you better understand their paths to conversion.
- More Accurate Engagement Measurements: More nuanced, accurate user engagement metrics designed to better detect when a user is actively looking at your website. Goodbye, bounce rate!
- More Robust Event Parameters: More custom parameters in user events can help you gain a better sense of a user’s holistic on-site experience.
- Better Tools for a Cookie-Less World: Technology and modeling capabilities will enable more accurate reporting in a cookie-free environment.
What steps do dealers need to take to switch to GA4?
Although all dealers can create GA4 profiles, it requires technical know-how to ensure a smooth transition from UA to GA4. To properly establish a GA4 profile, dealers must be able to:
- Create and mark commercial intent-based event conversions
- Create all relevant bot and IP address filters
- Ensure proper data collection and syncing between UA and GA4
- Properly link to Google Ads and Search Console
- And much more
When should car dealerships switch to GA4?
It’s important that auto dealers begin implementing GA4 immediately to ensure the integrity of their data. Plus, early adoption has advantages such as access to benchmarking for improved performance. Dealers do not need to join waiting lists, or pay for specific training or memberships in GA4 work groups in order to migrate to GA4 effectively. C-4 Analytics can set up GA4 profiles for car dealers quickly, efficiently, and without any additional cost.
Time Is Running Out to Save Your Clean Data
If you haven’t started making the switch to GA4, you’re falling behind your competition. Talk to a GA4 expert at C-4 Analytics today to learn about the easy next steps we can take to protect your data and set you up for digital marketing success in the new era of analytics.